11/17/11

THANKFUL THURSDAY: Changing Seasons

It's November again.  Say what?  2011 has flown by in its usual manner.  I've heard that the older you become, the faster time seems to slip away.  I suppose there is truth in that.  Maybe it's because you slowly lose your sense of wonderment.  "You mean I'm an ADULT already?  Jeez."  There are more things to occupy your hours.  Stress.  Gadgets.  Stuff.

As much as I shudder at the mention of "Eh. Winter." the changing seasons have been a part of my life since birth.  I can't imagine living somewhere farther up north or down south that doesn't experience all four.  Although in the dead of old man winter's grip at 15 degrees when my snot is frozen, I'd gladly trade with the chick who's learning to boogie board in the Pacific Islands.  It's a change that is necessary I think, not just in the sense of mother nature for me.  It's the time of year to slow down a little.  Contemplate.  Hibernate and ponder.  Then prepare for Spring, rebirth and excitement of warmer breezes.

So, if someone grabbed my arm behind my back and gave me an Indian Rug Burn and told me to pick a favorite season...I'd be forced to say, "Alright!  It's Autumn!  Get off!!" 



This time of year brings back fond memories of...

  ...skips in the woods, swan dives into leaves...


Photo by Muffet
...collecting acorns and other woodland doo dads...



...stovetop hot chocolate with mini's...


...homemade noodle soup...


So this Thankful Thursday I'm very grateful for my appreciation of nature.  For my amazing parents who raised me to be down to earth and take notice of the little things that matter.  I recommend that everyone slow down a bit...from time to time is all...just an hour here and there.  Take a deep breath.  Notice how a tree sways.  Ponder the changing of seasons and what it means to you.  I know you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments Rule.